Today is this little blog's 2nd birthday, and it's time to do a couple of big things in honor of the occasion!
First of all, I uploaded a new header. I used to really like the polka dots, but lately I've been wanting something a bit more personal. Do you like it?
Second, Creating Laura is now offering sponsorship opportunities! Yay! I want you to know, however, that I have absolutely no intention of "selling out." I'll only be accepting ads that fit in with the content and aesthetic of the blog. There will be no flashing diet ads. Ever. Seriously.
If you're interested in advertising here on the blog, click on the new button in the left column that says "Click here to sponsor Creating Laura" or shoot me an email at email@example.com.
So that's what's going on around here.
In other news, there's no better time to reminisce than on your blog's birthday, so here's a list of my 5 favorite things that I've made in the past year:
1. My circle skirt definitely takes the cake because it was my first-ever sewing project and because it ended up being a garment that I want to wear all the time.
2. This robot stamp art is high on the list because I came up with the idea on a whim and I had no idea how much I would like the final result. It's something that I want to hang in all my future houses forever.
3. My favorite knitting project that I completed this year is the collection of hair bows that I made for all the ladies in my cast this summer. It made me so happy to see the girls wearing them around backstage.
4. I also loved my sticky note calendar project because it was fun to make and even more fun to use as time went on. When I left Ohio and came back to Colorado, I re-made the calendar on my wall here because I simply couldn't go without it anymore.
5. And last, but certainly not least, are the mason jar Jack-O'-Lanterns that I created for Halloween last year. Spray paint is so fun.
Last year was great, and I can't wait to see what the new year has in store. I have so many ideas for upcoming projects; I'm really excited about the future!
Thank you so much for reading my blog and participating in the journey!