Have you ever wondered why all my recipes on Creating Laura are gluten free? I wrote a post about why I'm gluten free on the new lifestyle blog (Two Buttons and a Blog) that I co-write with my best friend, Karleen, so you can check it out if you're interested.
Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients:
- 1 bag Tinkyada Pasta Joy gluten free brown rice elbow pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour (I used Deby's gluten free flour)
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Boil the gluten free pasta, following the directions on the package, and wait until the noodles have only 10 minutes left to cook before you begin making the sauce.
- Start the sauce with a roux by stirring the butter and the gluten free flour together over low/medium heat.
- Slowly add the milk and the cheese, stirring the whole time, until an even consistency is achieved.
- Add salt to taste to complete the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Pour the sauce onto the pasta and stir until it is evenly coated.
What's your favorite comfort food?