Anyway, regardless of the date, I felt like making an advent calendar that was a little bit different this year. Instead of filling it with chocolates like the ones at the grocery store, I decided to fill mine with little love notes for my boyfriend. That way december will be a month of love!
This is a magnetic calendar, so it's perfect to hang on the refrigerator. The walls are all magnetic where we live (weird but true) so I just stuck mine up on the wall.
To make this project, you'll need 25 clothes pins, construction paper, scissors, a pen, washi tape, magnetic strips, and glue.
Here's how you make it:
1. Cover one side of each clothes pin with washi tape, trimming the tape to fit.
2. Flip the clothes pins over and glue a magnetic strip onto the back side. Do the next 3 steps while the glue dries.
3. Cut 25 1.5" x 1.5" squares out of construction paper.
4. Decorate one side of the squares with washi tape.
5. Flip the squares over and write a love note on the back side of each one.
6. Slip one paper square into each clothes pin, with the washi tape decorations facing out. Then they're ready to be hung up.
To make a Christmas tree-shaped triangle, I put 7 clothes pins on the bottom row, then 6 on the next, then 5, then 4, then 2, then 1.
I hope you're having a love-filled December!