The other day, I was browsing the Betty Crocker website and I found this cookie recipe that sounded fun to make. They are brownie cookies with Cinnamon Chex in them, and the combination of chocolate and cinnamon flavor is surprisingly delicious. I was hoping the cereal would add a nice crisp crunch to the cookies, but it added more of a chewy crunch which wasn't my absolute favorite, but I would definitely still make these again. Plus my boyfriend, the recipient of most of this batch, liked them so perhaps yours will too...
- 1 box Betty Crocker gluten free brownie mix
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- 1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I did 1/4 because I love cinnamon)
- 3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, mix cookie ingredients with spoon until blended.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Cool 2 minutes then remove from cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes before glazing.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in milk until smooth. If necessary, add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time, until glaze reaches drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle cookies with glaze.
I enjoy these cookies because the glaze makes them look a little bit fancy while the ingredients are fun and unusual. Could these cookies be a metaphor for my life? Yes, yes they could.